Let’s take a minute to admire how sensational my lunch was today…
Shrimp, veggies, and brown rice. Almost too perfect.
Well, I wanted to do something kinda fun tonight, so I made a list of Ten Fun facts about me.
I know I always enjoy reading these. This particular blog here is new, and I’m sure most of you don’t know a lot about me at all, but here’s a good way to start
1) I’m a former Walt Disney World cast member. Yup! I worked for the mouse at Walt Disney world in Orlando, FL. I did the spring 2010 Disney College program, and worked in Disneys Hollywood Studios. I did merchandise in Mickey’s of Hollywood (just your average Disney gift shop), Sids (an antique store), Keystone (where I would size and sell jewelry), and the hubcarts next to the sorcers hat (where I would jam out to Highschool musical 3 parade and the Block part bash daily. For 5 months straight, I smiled, I would disney point (pointing with only your index and middle finger together), I wore hideously unflattering costumes, I talked to guests from all over the world, and I would offer exceptional service. Yeah.. it was magical.
2) I’m a certified Group X instructor. I got certified to teach turbokick last April… but I still have yet to get my CPR cert. renewed. Laziness at it’s best.
3) I’m first generation American. On my moms side at least… my mom is a Hungarian immigrant, and my dad’s family is from Italy and the Ukraine.
4) Ernest Borgnine played the part of my Great Uncle in a movie. Pay or Die. Not like I really have anything to do with this rather than being a descendant of Joseph Petrossini… but still, it’s pretty darn cool huh?
5) My family used to train seeing eyed dogs for the guide dog foundation. It is on of the most amazing charities you can do. Check it out
6) I spent the first 18 years of my life being able to eat gluten. And believe me… I cherished every single one of those days for 18 years like I somehow knew that I would soon be gluten intolerant by eating things like this on a regular basis…
7) I was on my high school debate team. Thus, I spent 90% of my weekends in highschool delivering speeches, wearing suits, and eating copious amounts of junk food…
8) I adapted a healthy lifestyle in my junior year. Or more so, I got the ball rolling. There were a lot of speed bumps. But in my junior year, I began to clean up my diet. I began a steady workout plan in my senior year, and by my freshman year of college, I was a dietetics major
9) I changed my major from dietetics to EMAC this past semester. What in the world is EMAC right? Emerging Media and Communications. Basically, I study creative writing, web design, writing and research for new media, social networking, marketing, public speaking, etc. It’s not like I don’t totally love dietetics. But I have more of a personal connection to it, and not so much professional.
10) I started blogging/ uploading writing on the internet in middle school. And keep in mind that the internet was still relatively newer at this point. I started uploading short stories, and poems in 6th grade, and I began blogging on a site called “journalspace” in 7th grade. I really wish I could remember those usernames.
So I feel like that’s a pretty fun list right?
What are some fun facts about you?